Battery technology has come a long way since its inception and with each passing day, it continues to evolve and advance. One such advanced technology is the Tubular Gel Battery. This type of battery is made of a gel electrolyte that is sealed inside a tubular casing, providing superior performance and longer life compared to traditional lead-acid batteries.
Tubular Gel batteries are known for their high power output, low maintenance, and long life span. The gel electrolyte in these batteries is made of a mixture of sulfuric acid and silica gel, which makes it leak-proof and maintenance-free. The gel also reduces the risk of spills, making it a safer option for use in homes, offices, and other commercial establishments.
Specifications, Segmentation and Manufacturers
Tubular Gel Batteries Specifications
Here is a table of some of the typical specifications for Tubular Gel Batteries:
|Capacity||Measured in Ah (Amp-hours), this is the amount of energy that can be stored in the battery.|
|Voltage||Measured in volts (V), this is the electric potential difference between the positive and negative terminals of the battery.|
|Type||Sealed maintenance-free battery, with tubular positive plates and gel electrolyte.|
|Dimensions||Varies based on the model and capacity, but typically ranges from 151mm to 181mm in diameter and 347mm to 522mm in height.|
|Weight||Typically ranges from 12kg to 40kg, depending on the capacity of the battery.|
|Operating temperature||The temperature range in which the battery can operate efficiently, typically between 0°C to 40°C.|
|Shelf life||The length of time the battery can be stored without losing its charge, typically 3-5 years.|
|Cycle life||The number of discharge-recharge cycles the battery can undergo before it needs to be replaced, typically 500-800 cycles.|
|Warranty||The period of time during which the manufacturer guarantees the performance of the battery, typically 2-3 years.|
It is important to note that the specifications may vary based on the manufacturer and the model of the battery. It is always recommended to refer to the manufacturer’s specifications before purchasing a battery.
Types of Tubular Gel Battery are as follow:
- 100 Ah: A 100Ah Tubular Gel Battery is ideal for small households with a daily power backup requirement of up to 8 hours. These batteries are compact, easy to install, and provide a reliable source of backup power.
- 100Ah-200Ah: For larger households or commercial establishments with a daily power backup requirement of more than 8 hours, a 100Ah to 200Ah Tubular Gel Battery is recommended. These batteries have a higher capacity and provide a longer life span compared to 100Ah batteries.
- 200Ah and Above: For industries and large establishments with a heavy power backup requirement, a 200Ah or higher capacity Tubular Gel Battery is recommended. These batteries provide a reliable and uninterrupted source of backup power for extended periods.
There are several manufacturers of Tubular Gel Batteries, some of the well-known ones include:
- Luminous Power Technologies
- Exide Industries
- Okaya Power
- Sukam Power
- Microtek International
- Livguard Energy Technologies
- Genus Innovations
- Su-Kam Power Systems
- Tata Power Solar Systems
These manufacturers offer a range of Tubular Gel Batteries with different capacities, voltages, and specifications to meet the varying requirements of customers. It is important to choose a reputable manufacturer with a proven track record in the battery industry to ensure you get a high-quality product that meets your needs.
- Inverters: Tubular Gel Batteries are commonly used as backup power for inverters, providing electricity during power outages.
- Solar Power Systems: These batteries are used in off-grid and hybrid solar power systems to store excess energy generated by solar panels during the day for use at night.
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS): Tubular Gel Batteries are used in UPS systems to provide backup power in case of an unexpected power outage.
- Telecommunication: These batteries are used in telecommunication systems to provide backup power during power outages.
- Emergency lighting: Tubular Gel Batteries are used in emergency lighting systems to provide backup power in case of a power outage.
It is important for manufacturers to minimize their impact on the environment and to ensure that the production process is sustainable.
Here are some ways in which manufacturers can be environmentally responsible when manufacturing Tubular Gel Batteries:
- Recycling: Implement a recycling program for used batteries to minimize waste and to conserve resources.
- Energy Efficiency: Implement energy-efficient manufacturing processes to reduce the use of energy and to minimize emissions.
- Use of Non-Toxic Materials: Use non-toxic materials in the manufacturing process to minimize the release of harmful chemicals into the environment.
- Water Conservation: Implement water conservation measures to minimize the use of water and to reduce the impact on local water sources.
- Carbon Footprint: Monitor and reduce the carbon footprint of the manufacturing process to minimize the impact on the environment.
By following these guidelines, a Tubular Gel Battery Manufacturer can ensure that the production process is environmentally responsible and sustainable, and that the impact on the environment is minimized.
The Tubular Gel Battery industry is experiencing several trends that are shaping its growth and development. Firstly, the increasing adoption of renewable energy sources, such as solar and wind power, is driving demand for batteries that can store excess energy. This has been a major growth driver for the Tubular Gel Battery industry, as these batteries are well-suited for use in renewable energy systems.
Another trend driving growth in the Tubular Gel Battery industry is the growth of the electric vehicle market. As the demand for electric vehicles continues to grow, the demand for batteries to power these vehicles is also growing. Tubular Gel Batteries are often used in electric vehicles due to their high energy density, long cycle life, and low self-discharge rate.
Continuous advancements in battery technology are also shaping the industry, as they are improving the performance, efficiency, and safety of Tubular Gel Batteries. The growing awareness of environmental issues and the need for sustainable solutions is also driving demand for environmentally friendly batteries, such as Tubular Gel Batteries. Finally, the growing demand for backup power solutions, particularly in developing countries, is also driving demand for batteries, including Tubular Gel Batteries.
Overall, these trends are expected to continue shaping the Tubular Gel Battery industry in the coming years and driving growth in the global market.